Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel 1 raw beetroot, slice thinly, then cut into sticks and finally into small dice (or use a food processor to do this quickly).
Put into a bowl: 3 tablespoons walnut oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper and leave to marinate for about 2 hours.
- 2 hoursAfter marinating, drain the beetroot.
- 10 min.Mix 200 g cream cheese in a bowl with your choice of herbs chopped finely (shown here: chives, coriander and parsley), salt and pepper.
- 3 min.Begin filling the verrines: put a layer of cheese with herbs in the bottom of each glass.
- 3 min.Add a layer of beetroot on top.
- 20 min.Then a second layer of cheese and decorate the top with a few pieces of beetroot.
Fll all the verrines like this and refrigerate until serving.
Remarks:For the decoration, you can scatter a few chopped walnuts over the top instead of the diced beetroot.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Avocado and smoked salmon terrine , Crunchy verrines, Surf and turf club sandwich, Summery cheese on toast, Like a Boursin with garlic and herbs, ... [All]
- Walnut oil: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Endive and walnut salad, ... [All]
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chocolate mousse, Cubed salad, Nanou's tuna tart, Cubed salad, Tomato pesto, ... [All]
- Raw beetroot: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Cubed salad, Raw beetroot mousse with walnuts, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, Crunchy spring salad, ... [All]