Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Preheat your oven to 200°C or 392°F, put 1 handful flaked almonds on a baking sheet.
Put in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- 2 min.The almonds are ready when they turn golden brown.
Remove the sheet from the oven, scatter a little salt over the almonds and leave to cool.
- 5 min.Bring a large pan of water, with a tablespoon of salt added, to the boil.
When boiling, add 400 g broad beans. Cook for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- 5 min.Cool them in a strainer under cold water.
- 5 min.Dry them with a cloth.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Prepare the vinaigrette: In a glass jar with a good lid pour 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 6 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, pepper and salt.
- 1 min.Fasten the lid firmly on the jar, shake vigorously, and the vinaigrette is ready.
- 5 min.Put the broad beans in a bowl. Using a peeling knife make some shavings of parmesan.
- 1 min.Add the chives and tarragon.
- 1 min.Finally add the almonds.
- 2 min.If you are going to eat the salad now, add the vinaigrette and mix gently.
Remarks:If you do not eat the salad right away, don't add the vinaigrette now because the almonds will not stay crunchy. Better in this case to put the salad in the fridge (with a lid of plastic film), and add the vinaigrette (shake it again) just before serving.
Source:Home made, and dedicated in friendship to Caro and Gireg.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broad beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Summer Salmon Blanquette, Salade Niçoise, Vegetable pie, Rabbit with mustard, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Herb olive oil, Leek and fresh tuna tart, Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Mexican ceviche, Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, ... [All]
- Balsamic vinegar: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fried eggs with tomatoes, Avocado and smoked salmon terrine , Raw beetroot salad, ... [All]