Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Peel and wash 800 g celeriac, cut into small pieces...
- 20 min.Salt and pepper, then put the pan on medium heat.
Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and cook until the pieces of celeriac are tender.
Do keep an eye on the pan during cooking, as milk tends to boil over easily.
- 3 min.When the celeriac is well cooked, add 1 tablespoon French mustard and blend until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with a few parsley or chervil leaves scattered on the top.
Remarks:The weight of celeriac given is just for guidance. You don't need to use that exact weight. One large celeriac will do, or 2 small ones.
Source:Based on a recipe by Alain Passard.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Whole milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding (riz au lait), Panna cotta, Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Hot chocolate, ... [All]
- Celeriac: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Vegetable tartare, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Celeriac Rémoulade , Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, ... [All]
- French mustard: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Larded pork tenderloin, Tapenade, Crispy smoked salmon and herb rolls, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken breasts with tarragon, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Seafood feuillantines, Oven omelette, Saucipain, ... [All]