Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Peel and wash 800 g celeriac, cut into small pieces...
- 20 min.Salt and pepper, then put the pan on medium heat.
Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and cook until the pieces of celeriac are tender.
Do keep an eye on the pan during cooking, as milk tends to boil over easily.
- 3 min.When the celeriac is well cooked, add 1 tablespoon French mustard and blend until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with a few parsley or chervil leaves scattered on the top.
Remarks:The weight of celeriac given is just for guidance. You don't need to use that exact weight. One large celeriac will do, or 2 small ones.
Source:Based on a recipe by Alain Passard.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Elsa's Comtoise galette, Cannelés, Rice pudding (riz au lait), Gâteau Basque , ... [All]
- Celeriac: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable tartare, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Celeriac Rémoulade , Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, ... [All]
- French mustard: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mayonnaise, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, French dressing (vinaigrette), Endive and walnut salad, Filet mignon with mustard and tarragon sauce, ... [All]