Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Chop 2 hard-boiled eggs.
Peel and thinly slice 100 g mushrooms.
- 3 min.Put the mushrooms into a salad bowl and moisten with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Add the hard-boiled eggs.
- 5 min.Wash and prepare 2 spring onions (scallions), then chop.
Add to the bowl.
- 5 min.Pick off the coriander leaves and chop them, then add to the bowl.
- 10 min.Trim the bases off the rosettes of 300 g corn salad and discard any yellowed leaves. Rinse thoroughly, drain and dry.
Add to the bowl.
- 5 min.Remove the crusts from 2 slices bread and cut into small dice.
- 8 min.Just before serving, melt 20 g Clarified butter in a frying pan and when hot, tip in the diced bread.
Fry until golden brown, stirring frequently so that the bread is browned evenly on all sides.
- 3 min.Pour 6 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette) into the bowl and mix well.
Add the croutons while they are still hot and mix once more. The salad is ready.
Remarks:As in any recipe with croutons, these are best if they are at least still warm when served, so add them at the last minute.
If you don't have any clarified butter, you can use a little oil, but it will not taste as good.
The quantity of vinaigrette is only for guidance; use as much as you like.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Corn salad: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to prepare corn salad, Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, ... [All]
- Mushrooms: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stuffed artichokes au gratin, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, Stuffed Mushrooms, "Land and sea" kebabs, Bolognaise lasagne, ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pain perdu, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, Fillets of sole meunière, ... [All]