Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 10 min.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Cut 200 g feta into small pieces.
- 5 min.Wash 1 handful fresh mint leaves, dry and chop roughly with a knife or scissors.
You can add any other herbs you like. I have used parley and thyme here, but this is not essential.
- 3 min.Pour 200 ml cream into a bowl, add the diced feta, salt and pepper.
Add the mint and mix.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
Take the pastry case out of the fridge, and arrange the courgette slices in the bottom.
- 2 min.Pour the cream-feta-herb mixture on top, then cook for 30-40 minutes.
- 40 min.You can put the tart under the grill for a few minutes at the end to brown the top.
Remarks:For a smoother filling mixture, you can use a hand blender to combine the cream with the feta and herbs.
If you don't like feta, you can just leave it out, or replace it with mozarella or a blue cheese like roquefort, but the taste will be very different. The essence of this recipe is the combination of courgette and mint.
And to drink?Try a Cabernet-Sauvignon rosé from the Pays d'Oc produced by Baron Philippe de Rothschild, chilled but not too cold. Under this name, seen as somewhat pompous and "Old France", lurks a producer with a broad range of wines (the enlightened opinion of my friend Robert, who introduced me to them).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Feta: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Feta and spinach brik pie, Tzatziki, Vegetable rosette tart, Tomato and courgette tart, Cretan salad, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Koulibiak in pie dish, Strawberry feuilleté, Tomato and courgette tart, Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), Ham "friand" pie, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cheese tart, "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Chocolate cream, New York style pasta, ... [All]
- Courgette: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed green vegetables, Kérinou slices, Italian style gratin, Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, Red rice pannequets, ... [All]