Step by step recipe:
- Choose your vegetables, preferably roots, such as celeriac, carrots, turnips, beetroot, black radishes, etc.
You should use a variety and aim for a balance with about the same weight of each, apart from strong-flavoured kinds, of which you will need less, or they are all you will taste. I am thinking in particular of celeriac and radishes.
Use pink rather than red beetroot if you can, otherwise the colour will be a strong reddish purple, which might not be very appealing - it's a matter of taste.
- 10 min.
- 40 min.Peel and rinse the other vegetables and slice thinly (use a food processor) or cut into julienne sticks.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.
- 3 min.Add all the other vegetables and mix well. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 1 min.Cover with 2 cm (1 inch) of water and add 1 chicken stock cube.
- 20 min.Bring to the boil and cook on medium heat until the carrots are tender.
- 3 min.Remove from the heat and blend thoroughly.
- 1 min.Add 250 ml liquid cream, 1 tablespoon French mustard and blend briefly once more. Your soup is ready.
Remarks:You can use any number of different vegetables, depending on what you have already or can find on the market. It is important to use a wide variety.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fresh spinach with cream, Vegetable rosette tart, Involtinis, Thin endive tart, Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, ... [All]
- Radishes: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lemony chicken and radish salad, The total turnip, Rillettes stuffed mushrooms, Chickpea salad, Valay salad, ... [All]
- Cauliflower: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Harvest Gratin, Chorba, Creamy risotto with vegetables , Thaï rice with small vegetables, Paella, ... [All]