Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Strain the resulting liquid through a sieve. Clean the pan and pour the liquid back into it.
- 5 min.Add 2 egg yolks and beat thoroughly to mix well.
- 3 min.Blend again briefly if necessary.
Preheat the oven to 110°C (240°F).
- 30 min.
- 2 hoursAs soon as the creams are cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
The preparation and cooking to this stage can be done in advance, even 1 or 2 days beforehand.
- 15 min.Peel and rinse the potatoes, then cut into thick slices.
Boil in salted water until soft.
You will need 130 g potatoes after cooking.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Pass the potato cream mixture through a sieve or fine strainer, then pour into a cream whipper.
Pierce 2 gas cartridges and shake well.
Note: if you have a basic cream whipper (i.e. not insulated), wrap it in a tea towel, or you risk burning yourself as the contents will be very hot.
- 5 min.Make the crispy ham by frying morsels of serrano in a very hot frying pan without any added fat. fry on both sides until crisp.
- 5 min.Assemble the creams: to each ramekin (they should be really cold), add a layer of hot espuma of potato and stick 2 pieces of ham into the top.
Remarks:You can use either cooked or raw foie gras: if you use raw, it is even better if you can season it the day before, as for the terrine of foie gras .
If you do not have a cream whipper, you can replace the espuma with a little creamy potato purée.
The creams can be served in verrines rather than ramekins for a "posh restaurant" touch.
Source:After Jean-Chrisophe Despinasse.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, Pasta with mushrooms, Vegetable clafoutis, Broccoli savoury custard, Summer Salmon Blanquette, ... [All]
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to cook potato grenaille , Chilli langoustines, Hot box cheese , Home-made potato crisps , Hotpot my grandmother's way , ... [All]
- Raw foie gras: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Foie gras cured in salt, Small foie gras pasties, Terrine of foie gras, Home-made terrine of foie gras, ... [All]