Step by step recipe:
- Clean 250 g mushrooms and cut into small pieces.
- 10 min.Prepare and chop the shallot.
- 1 min.Melt 30 g butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- 5 min.Add the mushrooms and cook for around 5 minutes without salt and pepper.
- 35 min.Chop 200 g cooked spinach.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Butter the ramekins and put a layer of mushrooms in the bottom and add a layer of spinach.
- 3 min.Pour over a generous spoonful of cream, then salt and pepper lightly.
- 8 min.Break an egg and add the white to the ramekin...
- 20 min....keeping the yolk to one side.
Fill all the ramekins like this, salting and peppering each lightly a second time.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until the egg white is set.
- 3 min.Turn the oven off and tip an egg yolk into each ramekin. Return the ramekins to the oven for 3 minutes so that the yolks can heat through in the residual heat.
- Note: This is not absolutely needed, but for a better taste => increase the amount of cream about the half and make it reduce in a small pan on small fire, with salt and pepper.
Use this reduced cream instead of usual cream in step 8.
Remarks:The method above adds the egg in two stages to ensure that the white is cooked (set) and the yolk stays soft. This is the most difficult aspect of eggs en cocotte.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mushrooms: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Sliced chicken with mushrooms and broccoli, Special Parmesan baguettes, Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Spaghetti with mushrooms, ... [All]
- Cooked spinach: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Spinach brik parcels, Spinach and Comté Loaf, Spinach on toast with bechamel, Salmon and Spinach Gratin, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Summer Salmon Blanquette, Raw beetroot mousse with walnuts, Vanilla ice cream, Artichoke hearts forestier , Triple-Cheese Pumpkin Gratin, ... [All]