Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 hoursPreheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Roll out the pastry into a large rectangle as evenly as you can (to avoid offcuts as far as possible). Prick all over.
- 20 min.Bake the pastry until it is golden brown.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 5 min.Cut the pastry into strips about 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide using a knife with a serrated blade.
- 5 min.Cut these strips into pieces around 4 cm (2 inches) long.
- 5 min.Cut the foie gras into pieces barely the size of the pastry and about 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
- 10 min.Assemble the fingers by placing each piece of foie gras on a piece of pastry.
Keep in the fridge, but take them out 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavour of the foie gras to develop fully.
- Possible variation: put a thinner slice of foie gras between 2 pieces of pastry that has been scattered with grated gruyère before baking.
Remarks:The pastry can be prepared several days in advance if it is kept tightly wrapped in stretch film in the fridge.
The number of fingers indicated is only approximate and will depend on the size you cut the pieces of pastry. So don't worry if you have a few more or less.
The sesame seeds can be replaced with others seeds of your choice (linseed, poppy seeds, etc.).
And to drink?A glass of champagne.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Foie gras: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Foie gras Chantilly , Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Duck Parmentier, Beef Wellington, Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry and rhubarb crumble, French onion soup, Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Corsican tarts, Flamiche, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond mug cake for Mary, Cookies, Dipping bread with cheese, Filo leeks and cheese tart, Crêpes Suzette, ... [All]