Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 hoursPreheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Roll out the pastry into a large rectangle as evenly as you can (to avoid offcuts as far as possible). Prick all over.
- 20 min.Bake the pastry until it is golden brown.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 5 min.Cut the pastry into strips about 1 cm (1/2 inch) wide using a knife with a serrated blade.
- 5 min.Cut these strips into pieces around 4 cm (2 inches) long.
- 5 min.Cut the foie gras into pieces barely the size of the pastry and about 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
- 10 min.Assemble the fingers by placing each piece of foie gras on a piece of pastry.
Keep in the fridge, but take them out 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavour of the foie gras to develop fully.
- Possible variation: put a thinner slice of foie gras between 2 pieces of pastry that has been scattered with grated gruyère before baking.
Remarks:The pastry can be prepared several days in advance if it is kept tightly wrapped in stretch film in the fridge.
The number of fingers indicated is only approximate and will depend on the size you cut the pieces of pastry. So don't worry if you have a few more or less.
The sesame seeds can be replaced with others seeds of your choice (linseed, poppy seeds, etc.).
And to drink?A glass of champagne.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Foie gras: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Purée of Jerusalem artichokes with foie gras, Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, Sarladaise potatoes, Foie gras Chantilly , ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to seal a terrine or casserole dish, Pesto crackers, Cornmeal baps for Anne, Vegetable clafoutis, Fillet of beef in a rosemary crust, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Roasted Cauliflower, Quail egg canapés, How to prevent butter burning during cooking, Loaf for "les filles'", Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, ... [All]
- Sesame seeds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Sesame fried scampi, Burger buns, Ali Baba bread, Fish in a seed crust, Ali Baba bread, ... [All]