Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Remove the stalk end of 2 tomatoes and cut into thick slices.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Butter each slice on both sides.
- 10 min.Pour 2 tablespoons Herb olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat. Cook the sliced tomatoes on both sides.
When cooked, pull off and discard the skin.
- 5 min.Using the same frying pan, cook the eggs, mixing them round gently with a fork, to make a small omelette.
- 5 min.Heat the plates.
Still using the same pan, fry the bread until browned on both sides.
- 3 min.Spread pesto generously on each slice of toast.
- 3 min.Then add a layer of omelette (again, I have cut this out to make it more attractive).
- 3 min.Arrange the tomatoes on top and garnish with a basil leaf. Finish with a trickle of olive oil.
Remarks:If you don't have anyherb olive oil, use ordinary olive oil and add a few herbs if you can (bayleaf, thyme, etc.), discarding these at the same time as the tomato skins.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pesto: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Olive and pesto bread, Loaf for "les filles'", Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Fried egg in bread, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Breton Pie, Gingerbread, Oat shortbread biscuits, Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, Fried bread with leek and poached egg , ... [All]
- Bread: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kérinou slices, Eggs meurette, Gratin slices with spinach, Corn salad with croutons, Tournedos Rossini, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Surprise eggs, Spinach Omelette, Oat shortbread biscuits, French custard tart, Chocolate cake, ... [All]