Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Peel 1 kg potatoes.
- 5 min.Cut into small pieces, wash and dry in a towel.
- 10 min.Wash 3 leeks.
- 3 min.Cut into small pieces.
- 2 min.In a very large pan or casserole, melt 30 g butter over a medium fheat then add 1 shallot chopped and salt.
Cook for a minute or two.
- 2 min.Add the potatoes and leeks, mix well.
- 2 min.Add 2 litres water and 2 chickens stock cube.
- 10 min.Cook with the lid on until the potatoes are soft (well cooked).
- 3 min.Blend to give a really smooth soup.
- Taste to be sure that's sufficiently well salted, add pepper if you like it.
Serve as it is or with a dash of cream and/or croutons (small pieces of toasted or fried bread).
For a richer version, you can , before blending, add 300 ml liquid cream.