Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 15 min.
- 1 min.Into a pan over a medium heat pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil and when hot, add garlic clove, sprigs of tarragon, rosemary and bayleaf.
Cook for one minute while stirring.
- 1 min.Add diced courgette, and mix well.
Lightly salt (2 pinches).
- 7 min.Cook until done, but still slightly crunchy.
- 2 min.Into a pan over a medium heat, pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil, or better still olive oil with herbs.
When oil is hot (lightly smoking), add the diced tomato, salt and pepper and mix well.
Cook for 2 minutes.
- 3 min.Remove (and discard) tarragon, garlic, bayleaf and rosemary from the courgettes, then add tomatoes.
- 1 min.Salt and pepper then cook together for one minute, stiring continuously.
Remove from heat and seta aside.
- 1 min.Put the tomato frying pan back on the heat, without cleaning it. When hot, put in the smoked ham slices, 20 seconds on each side.
- 2 min.Remove from the frying pan, and cut into medium size pieces (about half an inch or 1 cm).
- 1 min.Beat the 2 eggs with salt and pepper.
- 1 min.Add the tomatoes and courgettes, mix well.
Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- 5 min.Into small moulds (preferably silicone ones, easy to unmould), put some smoked ham and then pour in the egg-tomato-courgette mix to about 2/3 of the way up.
Be careful, omelettes inflate when cooking and so can overflow.
- 15 min.Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Be careful towards the end of the cooking time, it's important that omelettes are not overcooked, and stay soft.
Remarks:You can eat them hot, warm or cold.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Avocado and smoked salmon terrine , Blanquette of veal, Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, Red rice pannequets, Seafood sauerkraut, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Maroilles cheese quiche, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Lime (or lemon) curd, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Muffin dough, ... [All]
- Tarragon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Broad bean salad with Parmesan, Pickled gherkins, Béarnaise sauce, Chicken breasts with tarragon, Filet mignon with mustard and tarragon sauce, ... [All]