Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.
- 15 min.Cut it into small pieces and put in a big pan, cover with water, salt, add 1 chicken stock cube and bring to the boil.
- 20 min.Cook covered until pumpkin is soft (about 20 minutes).
- 3 min.Remove from heat, and blend, directly in the pan until smooth.
- 2 min.Blend in a bowl 2 tablespoons cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- 2 min.Pour at one go into the pan while whisking non-stop. This operation will give a very smooth velouté.
- 3 min.
Remarks:If you use potimarron, don't remove the skin, just scrub it with a brush, the flavour will be much better.
Source:Joël Robuchon and Louis, market gardener of Saint-Renan.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Japanese chestnut pumpkin (Potimarron): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron braised in meat jus, Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, How to prepare a pumpkin (or potimarron), Potimarron and leek soup, Taos hotpot, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kouing-aman, Stewed apricots, Fillet of beef in a rosemary crust, Chicken pie, How to cook pasta properly, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ramekins of duchess potatoes, Rabbit civet "à la normande", Breton leek and mushroom tart, Stuffed pumpkin gratin, Mushrooms on toast, French style, ... [All]