Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Prepare the red cabbage: cut off and discard the stalk.
- Remove and discard the outer leaves, then take off the inner leaves.
Cut out and discard the thick stalk from these large leaves.
- When the leaves can no longer be separated easily, cut the heart in 4 vertically.
- Cut out and discard the central stalk.
- You should only keep the tender parts of the large leaves and heart.
- 3 min.Shred the cabbage, either by hand or, to make life easier, using a food processor.
- Rinse the spring onions or chives.
- 5 min.Chop finely.
- 2 min.In a salad bowl, mix the cabbage and spring onions or chives with 5 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette).
Your salad is ready.
Remarks:You can vary the flavour of the vinaigrette by using walnut oil, which goes very well with red cabbage.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mixed tomato salad, Warm Leek and Potato Salad, Corn salad with croutons, Crunchy spring salad, Eggs with mayonnaise, ... [All]
- Chives: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crunchy spring salad, Vegetable tartare, Tomato ladybirds, Eggs with mayonnaise, Crispy cheese parcels, ... [All]