Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Prepare the mixture for quiche: Beat together with a whisk 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks, 400 ml cream, salt and pepper until blended.
Prepare spinach (de-stalked - if tough, and blanched).
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F.
- 5 min.Roll out dough, and line the tin.
- 5 min.Place half the smoked salmon slices in the bottom.
- 3 min.Snip basil roughly.
- 3 min.Distribute half the spinach and all ofthe basil over the salmon.
- 3 min.Pour over 1/3 of the quiche mixture.
- 3 min.Add rest of salmon slices...
- 3 min....the remaining spinach...
- 3 min....and finally pour over the remaining mixture...
- 3 min... to ½ centimetre from the top of the tin, then spread grated cheese over the surface.
- 40 min.Put in the oven, on a low shelf to cook the base of the quiche well, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
You can add a little grated nutmeg to the mixture if you like, and replace the shortcrust dough by puff pastry for a more sophisticated dish.