Step by step recipe:
- 1 hourPrepare and spice foie gras as for home made terrine of foie gras, but do not cook.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F.
Roll out the puff pastry.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Put on each circle a small cube of foie gras and pepper it.
- 5 min.Dip a brush in water, and coat all around the circle.
- 5 min.Put another circle on it.
- 10 min.Press well all around to stick...
- ... and form the pasty.
- 5 min.Dry your brush, and dip it in beaten egg-yolk. Paint each top with this egg-yolk glaze to help the pastry brown during cooking.
- 25 min.Put in the oven, and cook until pasties are nicely golden brown(about 25 minutes).
Serve to your guests, tepid or cold, but not hot otherwise your pasties will lack flavour.
Remarks:If you can, choose a duck liver rather than goose, it's tastier.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Raw foie gras: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Foie gras cured in salt, Home-made terrine of foie gras, Terrine of foie gras, Crème de foie gras, ... [All]
- Beaten egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche galette, Apple and Blackcurrant Brioche Pies, Old style brioche, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Pains aux raisins, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cochelin d'Evreux, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Apple Strudel, Vegetable rosette tart, Smoked salmon sacristains, ... [All]