Step by step recipe:
- 1 hourPrepare and spice foie gras as for home made terrine of foie gras, but do not cook.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F.
Roll out the puff pastry.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Put on each circle a small cube of foie gras and pepper it.
- 5 min.Dip a brush in water, and coat all around the circle.
- 5 min.Put another circle on it.
- 10 min.Press well all around to stick...
- ... and form the pasty.
- 5 min.Dry your brush, and dip it in beaten egg-yolk. Paint each top with this egg-yolk glaze to help the pastry brown during cooking.
- 25 min.Put in the oven, and cook until pasties are nicely golden brown(about 25 minutes).
Serve to your guests, tepid or cold, but not hot otherwise your pasties will lack flavour.