Step by step recipe:
- 1 hourPrepare and spice foie gras as for home made terrine of foie gras, but do not cook.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F.
Roll out the puff pastry.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Put on each circle a small cube of foie gras and pepper it.
- 5 min.Dip a brush in water, and coat all around the circle.
- 5 min.Put another circle on it.
- 10 min.Press well all around to stick...
- ... and form the pasty.
- 5 min.Glaze each top before cooking.
- 25 min.Put in the oven, and cook until pasties are nicely golden brown(about 25 minutes).
Serve to your guests, tepid or cold, but not hot otherwise your pasties will lack flavour.
Remarks:If you can, choose a duck liver rather than goose, it's tastier.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable pie, Quick flaky pizza, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Ham spirals, Saint Honoré cake, ... [All]
- Raw foie gras: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Terrine of foie gras, Crème de foie gras, Foie gras cured in salt, Home-made terrine of foie gras, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche Tatin, 3-fruit brioche loaf, Ham spirals, Pogne de Romans, Sausage in brioche, ... [All]
- Pepper: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lille style chicken, Light Broccoli Soup, Lumberjack turnovers, Cassoulet, Involtini-Style Filet Mignon , ... [All]