Step by step recipe:
- 1 hourPrepare and spice foie gras as for home made terrine of foie gras, but do not cook.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F.
Roll out the puff pastry.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Put on each circle a small cube of foie gras and pepper it.
- 5 min.Dip a brush in water, and coat all around the circle.
- 5 min.Put another circle on it.
- 10 min.Press well all around to stick...
- ... and form the pasty.
- 5 min.Dry your brush, and dip it in beaten egg-yolk. Paint each top with this egg-yolk glaze to help the pastry brown during cooking.
- 25 min.Put in the oven, and cook until pasties are nicely golden brown(about 25 minutes).
Serve to your guests, tepid or cold, but not hot otherwise your pasties will lack flavour.
Remarks:If you can, choose a duck liver rather than goose, it's tastier.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Raw foie gras: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Home-made terrine of foie gras, Foie gras cured in salt, Crème de foie gras, Terrine of foie gras, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pecan fruit rolls , Millefeuille, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Vegetable rosette tart, Ham "friand" pie, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Koulibiak in pie dish, Milk rolls, Tea and white chocolate biscuits, Chouquettes, Burger buns, ... [All]
- Pepper: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Meatballs, Tartine du pêcheur , Spinach brik parcels, Tomato and cream cheese terrine, Potted meat (rillettes), ... [All]