Step by step recipe:
- 50 min.
- 7 min.
- 2 min.Pour the contents of the pan through a strainer and leave to drain.
Important: do not throw away the oil which drains off, we will use it later.
- 2 min.Roll out the pastry into a circle and prick all over with a fork or pique-vite (pastry pricker).
If you are not ready to use it immediately (if you are waiting for the tomatoes, for example), put the pastry to wait in the fridge.
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Spread 70 g tomato paste over the pastry, using a small spoon or brush.
- 7 min.Arrange the first round of the rosette by overlapping a tomato slice with 2 slices of courgette all the way round the outer edge of the pastry.
- 7 min.Arrange an inner circle overlapped in the opposite direction.
Place the top of a tomato in the centre.
- 2 min.Finish with a few pieces of feta.
- 40 min.Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, watching carefully to make sure that the edge of the pastry doesn't burn.
- 5 min.As soon as it comes out of the oven, brush the olive oil kept from cooking the courgettes over the top of the tart to glaze it. This will give it a more appetizing appearance that will impress your guests.
Remarks:This tart can be eaten cold, but it is much better hot or warm.
And to drink?A summery wine for a summery tart: for example the freshness of a Domaine du Tariquet, that excellent Côtes de Gascogne white.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Tomato paste: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Couscous, Loaf for "les filles'", Cocktail sauce, Cassoulet, Pissaladière with puff pastry, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pan bagnat, Moussaka, Tomato ladybirds, Prawn salad with a crunch, Guacamole, ... [All]
- Courgette: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Langoustine gratin, Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, Sautéed green vegetables, Small ratatouille with , Cubed salad, ... [All]