Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Line your tin or mould with puff pastry, taking care to keep the edge in contact with the tin.
This is much easier if the pastry is very cold, just out of the fridge.
- 2 min.Prick all over the surface with a fork or a pique-vite, to prevent from bubbling when cooking.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Preheat your oven to 240°C or 464°F. Put a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the pastry case.
- 2 min.Spead some mustard on this layer with a tablespoon.
- 3 min.Add a layer of tomatoes.
- 3 min.Add a layer of broad beans, salt and pepper.
- 5 min.In the centre of the second puff pastry circle, make a 1 cm diameter hole. This forms the chimney to let out the steam during cooking.
- 3 min.Dip a brush in water and wet the edges of puff pastry to make it stick.
- 3 min.Put the scond pastry circle on top.
- 3 min.And stick the two by well pressing on the edge, all around the mould.
- 5 min.You can then trim off the excess pastry, or fold it back under the edge as in the photo.
Note : it's neater, and easier to remove from the tin, if you cut off the excess.
- 5 min.Coat top of pie with 1 beaten egg yolk. If you don't cook it now, fridgerate until use.
- 30 min.It needs about 30 minutes cooking. Take care that the bottom of pie is well browned.
Best served warm.
Remarks:You can make this pie with other vegetables. If so try to keep the potatoes as the bottom layer because it's this layer which soaks up any juice from the other vegetables.
You can also add herbs and/or a dash of olive oil with herbs.
If you find that 100% vegetables tastes a bit bland, you can add 2 or 3 tablespoons of grilled bacon to the beans.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Broad beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rabbit with mustard, Broad bean salad with Parmesan, Salade Niçoise, Summer Salmon Blanquette, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mini lemon millefeuilles, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Express apple tart, Shallot confit tart, Tomato feuilleté with pesto, ... [All]
- Tomato: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Breton Sandwich, Minestrone, Hot tomato sauce, Lebanese Tabbouleh, Cauliflower tabouleh, ... [All]