Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.You will need a lot of different vegetables, but only a small quantity of each (see the list of ingredients).
Peel the carrots, beetroot and celery, then rinse all the vegetables.
- Cut the vegetables (apart from the shallot, garlic and cauliflower) into thin sticks...
- ..then cut these across into tiny dice.
If you have a mandolin, this will make the job much easier.
The shallot and garlic should be chopped very finely.
- Transfer the prepared vegetables to a bowl as you go.
- The cauliflower (a purple one here) is better grated.
- 3 min.Once all the chopped vegetables are in the bowl, add some chives, cut very small...
- 1 min....then the mayonnaise and mix well.
- 5 min.To serve: place a dessert ring in the centre of a plate and fill with the mixture.
- Gently remove the ring...
- ...and garnish with a parsley leaf.
You could also pour a trickle of herb olive oil around the tartare.
Serve right away.
Remarks:In this recipe, do be careful with the beeroot, as it dyes everything purple. To show off all the different colours in the dish, you can simply leave out the beetroot or replace it with another vegetable, such as white cabbage.
Source:Based on a recipe by Alain Passard.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Mayonnaise: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Seafood feuillantines, Macédoine of vegetables, Avocado with Sautéed Prawns , Mimosa eggs, Cucumber and salmon salad, ... [All]
- Celeriac: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Celeriac Rémoulade , Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, Celeriac soup with mustard, ... [All]
- Raw beetroot: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Beetroot salad with cashew nuts, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, Sushi, Raw beetroot mousse with walnuts, ... [All]
- Cauliflower: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: How to prepare cauliflower, Crunchy spring salad, Harvest Gratin, Country vegetable soup, Du Barry soup, ... [All]