Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Peel 2 avocados, then cut the flesh into large dice and put into a high-sided bowl.
Pour in the juice of ½ lime, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 5 drops Tabasco, salt, pepper and 1 pinch vitamin C (optional).
- 1 min.Blend all of this together.
- 10 min.For a smoother mousse, you can pass this purée through a sieve, but this is not essential.
- 5 min.Salt and pepper 2 egg whites then beat to stiff peak stage.
- 5 min.Incorporate the beaten whites into the avocado purée...
- ...folding them in gently with a maryse, tilting the bowl on its side, so as not to beat the air out of the whites, but produce a mousse.
- 1 min.In a bowl mix: 150 g crab meat, 2 tablespoons Rémoulade dressing, and finely chopped chives.
- 3 min.Divide the crab meat between the verrines.
- 5 min.Add the avocado mousse on top.
- It's ready.
The crab meat can be replaced with diced prawns, for example.