Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Rinse and dry 250 g scallops amd slice through one or twice to create 2 or 3 fairly thin rounds.
- 5 min.Dice 300 g cooked potato fairly small and fry in a very hot frying pan with 3 tablespoons oil.
Note: you can also use frozen ready-to-cook diced potatoes.
Salt, pepper and set aside.
- 2 min.Salt and pepper the sliced scallops on both sides.
Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on high heat. When really hot (starting to smoke), add the scallops and fry briefly. They should brown nicely if the pan is hot enough.
- 2 min.Put the cabbage, potatoes and scallops into a salad bowl.
- 2 min.Pour 6 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette) over, add the chopped herbs and mix well.
Serve as soon as possible.
Remarks:Ideally, you should try to mix the salad with the cabbage cold and while the scallops and potatoes are still hot. The resulting warm salad will be all the better for it.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green cabbage: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed Pork with Peanuts, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Alsatian-style salad, Bacon and cabbage omelette, Smooth mixed vegetable soup, ... [All]
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Röstis, Winemaker's toast, Salmon marinated like herring, Gratin du Nord, Baked Camembert with Walnuts, ... [All]
- Scallops: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scallops with fondue of leeks, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Scallop and leek pancakes, Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, ... [All]
- French dressing (vinaigrette): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm chicken salad, Cubed salad, Cervelas salad, Chickpea salad, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, ... [All]