Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 10 min.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Pour 15 ml red wine into the pan.
- 15 min.Mix and leave to cook until all the wine has evaporated, then add the bacon.
The filling is ready. Note that this can be prepared the day before and kept in the fridge in a sealed container.
- In bread-making, the water temperature is always important. It's not a fixed value, but related to 3 other temperatures: 1) the temperature of your flour, 2) the room temperature in your kitchen, and 3) the basic temperature of this recipe, which is 52-56°C.
You can calculate the temperature of the water for this recipe in one click, using this small calculator.
- 15 min.2) Preparation of dough.
Put into a food-processor bowl: 220 g flour, 30 g instant mashed-potato powder, 175 ml water at the right temperature, 5 g salt, 5 g yeast, 15 ml olive oil and possibly 25 g Soured dough.
Start on the slowest speed for 3 minutes, then a little faster for 6 minutes.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- 3 min.Add the bacon filling to the dough and knead on the slowest speed just until it is well mixed in.
- 30 min.
- 5 min.After this time, roll out the dough into a rectangle 1cm (0.4 inch) thick.
- 5 min.Cut into strips 1cm wide (a dough cutter is very useful for this)...
- ...then cut across into 2cm (0.8 inch) lengths to make the little rolls.
- 45 min.
- 15 min.Preheat the oven to 240°C (460°F).
Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes.
Remarks:You can use Comté, gruyère or Emmenthal cheese, but Comté is by far the best.
If you serve these as aperitif snacks, don't be surprised if they all disappear - they are difficult to resist!
Source:After Thomas Marie (INBP, French national bakery and patisserie insititute).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fougasse with bacon and Comté, Artichoke hearts forestier , Vol-au-vent, Maroilles cheese quiche, Crispy spinach rolls, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Toasted-flour biscuits, Wiener Schnitzel, Saucipain, Biscuit de Savoie sponge cake, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Confit of carrots with bacon, Peanut rolls, Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, Benoîton, Chicken pie, ... [All]