Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 hours
- 2 min.
- 8 min.Knead on slow speed for 5 to 8 minutes.
- 2 hoursGather dough into a ball, put in a bowl covered with a plastic sheet, and leave in a warm place for around 2 hours...
- 30 min....until doubled in volume.
- 1 hour
- 5 min.Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
Brush the tops of the baps with a little milk.
- 3 min.Cut a cross in the top if you wish.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes (watch for colouring).
Remarks:These cornmeal baps are very soft, and can be eaten with either sweet or savoury additions, but are delicious on their own too.
This cornmeal bread should not be confused with the traditional American cornbread, which has a more cake-like texture.