Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 hours
- 2 min.
- 8 min.Knead on slow speed for 5 to 8 minutes.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- 2 hoursGather dough into a ball, put in a bowl covered with a plastic sheet, and leave in a warm place for around 2 hours...
- 30 min....until doubled in volume.
- 1 hour
- 5 min.Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
Brush the tops of the baps with a little milk.
- 3 min.Cut a cross in the top if you wish.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes (watch for colouring).
Remarks:These cornmeal baps are very soft, and can be eaten with either sweet or savoury additions, but are delicious on their own too.
This cornmeal bread should not be confused with the traditional American cornbread, which has a more cake-like texture.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fine cornmeal: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Galette Charentaise, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ciabatta, Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, Nantes Tourton, Loaf for "les filles'", Alsatian apple tart, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peanut rolls, Quick courgette soup with cheese, Seeded loaf, Fresh fruit in sabayon, Seeded loaf, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Nantes Tourton, Biscuit de Savoie sponge cake, Toffee apple upside-down cake, How to seal a terrine or casserole dish, Natural leaven, ... [All]