Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Start to knead 1 minute, then add 4 eggs.
- 10 min.Continue kneading until you get an elastic dough (with the mixer on speed 2 for about 10 minutes).
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- Meanwhile, cut 310 g butter into small pieces.
- 5 min.Quickly add small pieces of butter, and knead until it is completely mixed (no, really, I do not have shares in Kenwood...).
- 2 min.Then add the 150 g raisins, knead 1 more minute to mix thoroughly.
- 5 min.Melt 10 g butter, and butter the mould generously with a brush. Be sure to work thoroughly into the hollows at the bottom.
- 3 min.Place an almond in each hollow of the mould, putting the point towards the outside of the mould, it's prettier.
- 3 min.Spread dough evenly in mould.
- 2 hoursCover with a plastic sheet and leave in a warm place to rise, until the dough doubles in volume (between two and three hours).
Then bake in the oven at 210°C or 410°F for approximately 40 minutes.
- 40 min.
Remarks:The quantity of raisins is approximate, do not hesitate to decrease or increase according to your taste.
Kugelhof dries out and goes stale quickly after being cut, so remember to store it in an airtight tin if possible.
Source:Home made from my great aunt Martha's recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Toasted-flour biscuits, Vegetable clafoutis, Dipping bread with cheese, Grated potato cakes, Kouign-amann brioche, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, Red rice pannequets, Fish in white wine, Pilau rice, Passion fruit jellies, ... [All]
- Raisins: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pains briochés aux raisins, You should not add raisins to recipes dry , Chocolate cereal bars, Moist cereal bars, Panettone, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Old style brioche, Chaud-froid of grapefruit, pineapple and lime custard , Almond tuiles, Chocolate eclairs, Buckwheat pancakes, ... [All]