Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Start to knead 1 minute, then add 4 eggs.
- 10 min.Continue kneading until you get an elastic dough (with the mixer on speed 2 for about 10 minutes).
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- Meanwhile, cut 310 g butter into small pieces.
- 5 min.Quickly add small pieces of butter, and knead until it is completely mixed (no, really, I do not have shares in Kenwood...).
- 2 min.Then add the 150 g raisins, knead 1 more minute to mix thoroughly.
- 5 min.Melt 10 g butter, and butter the mould generously with a brush. Be sure to work thoroughly into the hollows at the bottom.
- 3 min.Place an almond in each hollow of the mould, putting the point towards the outside of the mould, it's prettier.
- 3 min.Spread dough evenly in mould.
- 2 hoursCover with a plastic sheet and leave in a warm place to rise, until the dough doubles in volume (between two and three hours).
Then bake in the oven at 210°C or 410°F for approximately 40 minutes.
- 40 min.
Remarks:The quantity of raisins is approximate, do not hesitate to decrease or increase according to your taste.
Kugelhof dries out and goes stale quickly after being cut, so remember to store it in an airtight tin if possible.
Source:Home made from my great aunt Martha's recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pancake batter, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, Nantes Tourton, Toasted-flour biscuits, Pogne de Romans, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pesto crackers, Colcannon, Oatmeal cake, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Salmon rillettes, ... [All]
- Raisins: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pains briochés aux raisins, Chocolate cereal bars, Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Cramique, 3-fruit brioche loaf, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), Cherry clafoutis, Crème caramel, Bonnevaux apple tart, Gougères, ... [All]