Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Mix 20 g sesame seeds, 20 g linseed and 20 g poppy seeds.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Knead on low speed for 5 minutes.
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- 1 hour 30 min.Gather the dough into a ball, then cover with a damp tea-towel and leave to rise for an hour, or hour and a half.
- 2 min.At the end of this time, preheat your oven to 428°F (220°C).
Tip the dough onto your work surface.
- 2 min.Take a small piece of dough (20 g approximately), then roll under your hands until obtaining a long even "sausage" of about 20 cm (8 inches).
- 1 min.Place this roll on a baking sheet.
- 20 min.And continue like this with the rest of the dough. The rolls should not touch each other.
- 3 min.With a brush, glaze each roll with a little oil, and sprinkle salt on top.
- 20 min.Put in the oven, and bake until the gressini are nicely browned, about 20 minutes.
- Leave on a rack to cool a littl before serving still warm.
Remarks:You should cook the gressinis as you like them: if you want them really crusty do not hesitate to bake them until brown. Conversely if you prefer them a still a bit soft, cook until just light brown.
Source:Internet, then home made.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Plain white flour (French Type 65): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Classic French white bread, Leavened bread, Loaf for "les filles'", Cretan Bread, Mustard baps, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French onion soup, French croissants, Hollandaise sauce, Eggs meurette, Sugar syrup, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cubed salad, Tapenade, Confit of carrots with bacon, Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, Caesar salad, ... [All]
- Sesame seeds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: New hamburger buns, Fish in a sesame crust, Sesame fried scampi, Seeded loaf, Fish in a seed crust, ... [All]