Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Knead on slow speed for 10 minutes (the mixture should ideally reach 73°F [23°C] during this process).
Note: For the best way to knead, see: A few tips for effective kneading at home.
- 1 hourGather the dough into a ball, transfer to a clean bowl and cover with a plastic sheet. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- 8 min.After this, weight out into 100 g lumps.
- 15 min.Shape into balls, cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- 5 min.Prepare 2 dishes, one with sesame seeds, the other with wet absorbant paper.
- 7 min.Press out a ball of dough into a disc by hand, then reform into a ball.
Roll the top of the ball over the wet paper to moisten it thoroughly.
- 7 min.Then roll it around in the sesame seeds...
- 7 min....to coat the top of the ball.
- 1 hour 30 min.Place the ball on a baking sheet.
Prepare all the balls of dough like this, cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 25 min.Preheat the oven to 460°F (240°C) and bake for about 25 minutes, until the buns are golden brown.
Note: As when baking any bread, you should ensure that the oven is filled with steam for the first 15 minutes of baking. This page shows you how; it really is the secret of golden-brown, crusty loaves..
Remarks:This is a new version of the original burger buns recipe for even softer rolls.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Plain white flour (French Type 65): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: New leavened bread, Leavened bread, Cretan Bread, Benoîton, Ali Baba bread, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cherry clafoutis, Mustard baps, Profiteroles, Jam doughnuts, Burger buns, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Roasted Cauliflower, Chocolate almond cookies, Rich hazelnut buttercream, How to cook rice in rice-cooker, Oatmeal cake, ... [All]
- Sesame seeds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Fish in a sesame crust, Ali Baba bread, Sushi, Fish in a seed crust, Mixed seed grissini, ... [All]