Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Roughly chop 400 g green olives.
- 7 min.Cut 400 g Preserved tomatoes into small pieces and add to the olives.
- 5 min.Cut 200 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) into small dice and tip in with the tomatoes, scatter the herbes de Provence over and mix well.
- In bread-making, the water temperature is always important. It's not a fixed value, but related to 3 other temperatures: 1) the temperature of your flour, 2) the room temperature in your kitchen, and 3) the basic temperature of this recipe, which is 52-56°C.
You can calculate the temperature of the water for this recipe in one click, using this small calculator.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Towards the end of kneading, trickle in 75 g olive oil.
- 3 min.Finish by tipping in the olives, tomatoes and parmesan. Knead again just until these are mixed in.
- 1 hour 30 min.Gather the dough into a ball, transfer to a large bowl, cover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 15 min.After this, weigh out 700g chunks and shape into balls.
Cover the dough with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- 5 min.Flatten the dough out by hand to expel the gas...
- ...then reshape into balls.
Put into bread rising baskets (bannetons).
- 2 hoursCover with a plastic sheet and leave to rest for 2 hours.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 240°C (460°F).
Slash the tops of the foccacias...
- 25 min.And bake for about 25 minutes.
Note: As when baking any bread, you should ensure that the oven is filled with steam for the first 15 minutes of baking. This page shows you how; it really is the secret of golden-brown, crusty loaves..
Remarks:For the olive oil, you can use the oil from the tomatoes; the flavour will be even better.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Old style brioche, Cod loin with saffron, How to seal a terrine or casserole dish, Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peanut rolls, Classic French white bread, Poaching syrup, Valay-Brest, Stewed apricots, ... [All]
- Preserved tomatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cretan Bread, Canapés of red mullet with poppy seeds, Pasta with pesto and preserved tomatoes, Pan-fried chicken breast on mozzarella, Spring Bread, ... [All]