93 recipes available
- Vegetables (4)
- Creams and foams (22)
- Cakes and pastries (3)
- Sauces (20)
- How to... (2)
- Syrups and coulis (4)
- Pasta and rice (2)
- Pastries (14)
- Confectionery (1)
- Work on/prepare an ingredient (1)
- Aromatic preparations (9)
- Fruits (1)
- Gratins (1)
- Miscellanous (8)
- Meat (2)
- List of all the recipes
- View this list in full images
Cakes and pastries
- Almond macaroon cake: Moist almond-meringue cake.
- Biscuit de Savoie sponge cake: Light, fat-free cake with eggs.
- Génoise (Genoa sponge): A light cake, often the base for gâteaux with fruit or cream.
- Almond dacquoise: A kind of almond meringue.
- Brioche dough: Just like from the baker's.
- Buckwheat pancakes: A little (savoury) bit of Brittany.
- Choux pastry (pâte à choux): Pastry for profiteroles and eclairs.
- Coconut paste: Soft coconut fondant.
- Marzipan (almond paste): Sweet and soft almonds.
- Muffin dough: For all your muffins.
- Pancake batter: A bit more sophisticated than traditional pancake batter.
- Pistachio powder or paste: Just pistachios and cooked sugar.
- Pizza dough: For homemade pizzas.
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): For millefeuilles, pies and pasties.
- Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée): Dough for sweet or savoury tarts.
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): For sweet tarts and pies.
- Walnut paste: Like marzipan, but with walnuts
- Bouquet garni: A pillar of French cooking.
- Feta in olive oil with herbs: Cubes of feta preserved in herb-flavoured olive oil.
- Herb olive oil: Olive oil with flavoured herbs
- Herb salad: So very tasty.
- Pickled gherkins: Gherkins pickled in vinegar.
- Praline: Crushed caramelized almonds.
- Preserved lemons: Lemons salted then preserved in oil.
- Vanilla sugar: Real home made vanilla sugar.
- Vegetable stock: For use in many recipes: rice, soups, sauces,...
Creams and foams
- Almond cream or frangipane: Délicious almond mixture.
- Apple confectioner's custard: Confectioner's custard without milk, using apple juice instead.
- Butter cream: A lighter version of a classical cream
- Chantilly cream: Whipped cream with sugar.
- Chocolate Chantilly : Whipped chocolate mousse.
- Chocolate ganache: Cream and chocolate.
- Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream): Thick vanilla cream
- Foie gras Chantilly : Whipped cream and other.
- Italian Meringue: Softer than French meringue.
- Lemon Confectioner's Custard: Confectioner's custard with double lemon flavour.
- Lime (or lemon) curd: Thick, creamy and highly-flavoured conserve.
- Panna cotta: Smooth cream thickened and lightly set.
- Pear compote : 2 easy methods for success.
- Pistachio cream: Like almond cream, but with a pistachio flavour.
- Real custard sauce (crème anglaise): Smooth vanilla cream with egg yolks
- Royal icing: Topping for cakes and sweets.
- Stewed apple (compote): Apples, a little sugar, and that's all.
- Stewed apricots: Easy version and more sophisticated way.
- Stewed plums: Tasty and just a bit tart.
- Stewed rhubarb: Only rhubarb and some sugar
- Swiss meringues: Meringue heated in a bain-marie before beating.
- Béarnaise sauce: Sauce for grilled fish and meats.
- Bechamel sauce: White sauce made with a "roux" and milk.
- Beurre blanc sauce: Vinegar, white wine, shallot and butter.
- Chocolate sauce: Smooth creamy chocolate.
- Cocktail sauce: Spicy mayonnaise.
- French dressing (vinaigrette): Essential for good salads.
- Green parsley sauce: Parsley, lemon and olive oil.
- Hollandaise sauce: Butter and lemon.
- How to succeed in making sabayon (syllabub): All the secrets of syllabub revealed.
- Lemon Mayonnaise: Lemon mayonnaise with both juice and zest.
- Light herb sauce: Greek-style yoghurt with chopped herbs and spring onion.
- Marchand de vin sauce: Red wine sauce with shallot.
- Mayonnaise: Basic thick cold dressing.
- Pesto: Basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil.
- Rémoulade dressing: Mayonnaise with vinegar
- Roquefort sauce: Delicious with red meat
- Sauce Normande (for fish): Cream sauce with blond roux and fish fumet.
- Tapenade: Purée of black olives an olive oil.
- Tomato pesto: Pesto with basil, almonds and tomatoes.
- Tomato sauce for pizzas: A tomato sauce with herbs.
Syrups and coulis
- Blackcurrant coulis: Vegetable mill instead of blender.
- Fruit coulis (fruit purée): For your ice-cream, sorbets and other desserts.
- Poaching syrup: Syrup for poached fruits .
- Sugar syrup: For your sorbets, fruits salads...
- How to cook potato grenaille : Two-stage cooking, first boiled, then fried.
- Vol-au-vent cases: Puff pastry vol-au-vent cases.
Work on/prepare an ingredient
- Lettuce "chiffonade": The very best lettuce in thin ribbons.
- Meatballs: 2 different kinds of meat and a little Parmesan.
- Sausagemeat: Veal and bacon, seasoned and minced together.
Pasta and rice
- Fresh pasta dough: For lasagne, ravioli, spaghetti...
- Pilau rice: Rice cooked in chicken stock in the oven.
- Polenta: How to prepare polenta.
- Caramelized Onions: Caramelized onions by a slow cooking.
- Macédoine of vegetables: Diced vegetables in mayonnaise.
- Pan-fried potatoes: And not fried mash!
- Potato purée : French-style mashed potato.
- Nougatine: Caramel and toasted almonds.
- Dried apricots: Apricots washed, dried, destoned and slowly dried.
- Caramelised walnuts: Caramelized walnuts in a frying pan
- Citrus crunch: A crunchy aromatic powder.
- Clarified butter: For cooking butter without it burning.
- Poached eggs: Eggs with hard whites and soft egg yolks.
- Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée: Smooth with a hint of chestnut flavour.
- Preserved tomatoes: Slow-cooked tomato "petals".
- Scrambled eggs (Oeufs brouillés): Much more than an omelette.
- Toasted flaked almonds: Caramelized flaked almonds