197 recipes available
- Apple amandine tarts from Brélès: Sweetcrust pastry, stewed apples and frangipane
- Apple and pear tart: Puff pastry, stewed apple and sliced pears.
- Apple Pie: Puff pastry case filled with lightly sweetened apples.
- Apple semelles (flat apple tarts): Flat tart with stewed apple and apple slices.
- Apricot and almond cream tart: Apricots and almond cream.
- Bounty-style tart for Alison: Sweetcrust pastry, coconut and chocolate.
- Cherry and pistachio tarts: Sweetcrust pastry, pistachios cream and cherries
- Chocolate tart: Crispy pastry and soft chocolate.
- Elsa' s Comtoise galette: Similar to choux pastry.
- Exotic fruit tart: Shortcrust pastry, almond cream and fresh fruit.
- Express apple tart: Really quick.
- Lemon Tart / Meringue Pie: Sweetcrust pastry, lemon curd and Italian meringue.
- Little caramelized peach tarts: Circle of puff pastry with caramelized peaches, hot citrus sauce and vanilla ice cream.
- Pear and lime meringue pie: Sweetcrust pastry, lime crème pâtissière and italian meringue.
- Pear tart with almond cream: Sweetcrust pastry, fesh pears and almond cream.
- Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart: Pistachio cream, grapefuit and pears.
- Plum tart: Crisp pastry, almond cream and plums.
- Rhubarb tart: Sweetcrust pastry, almond cream, rhubarb and rhubarb syrup.
- Simple maple-syrup tart: Sweetcrust pastry and maple syrup.
- Strawberry tart: Sweetcrust pastry, vanilla confectioner's custard and strawberries.
- Strawberry Verveine Tart : Sweetcrust pastry, verveine-flavoured cream and strawberries.
- Tart Tatin: Upside down tart with caramelised apples.
- Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart: Sweetcrust pastry with separate layers of chocolate ganache and orange curd.
Cakes and pastries
- Almond mug cake for Mary: Quick microwave cake.
- Apple charlotte with toasted brioche: Apple charlotte which can be eaten warm or cold.
- Apple Strudel: Rolled puff pastry with apples, almonds and dry grapes.
- Black Forest gateau: Chocolate genoa sponge, whipped cream and cherries.
- Caramel rice pudding: A layer of caramel on top of a rice pudding.
- Caramelised apple pie: Apple pie.
- Caribbean upside-down cake: Caramelized pineapple and soft almonds biscuit.
- Cherry clafoutis: Clafoutis batter and de-stoned cherries.
- Chestnut cake: Double chestnut cake.
- Chestnut Fudge Cupcakes: Chestnut and chocolate fudge Cupcakes
- Chocolate cake: Moist, very chocolatey cake.
- Chocolate mug cake: Quick microwave cake.
- Cochelin d'Evreux: Large apple turnover flavoured with vanilla.
- Crust for tea: Crisp pastry and almonds.
- Epiphany galette: Classic almond cream pastry for Epiphany.
- Fraisier (French strawberry cake): Strawberries and crème mousseline between 2 layers of genoa sponge soaked with strawberry syrup.
- French custard tart: Short crust pastry and vanilla egg custard.
- French Family Cake: Fruit, caramel and "four quarters" cake mixture.
- Fruit crumble: Best of English puddings.
- Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake): Traditional cake from Brittany
- Gingerbread: Traditional French honey gingerbread.
- Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis: Small moist chocolate cake.
- Household cake (Gâteau de ménage): Classic pastry from Franche-Comté.
- Kouing-aman: Caramelised millefueille-style cake.
- Kugelhof for Nanou: Traditionnal Alsatian cake.
- Liège waffles: Round and crusty.
- Millefeuille: The finest delicate pastry.
- Moist Lemon Cake: Moist cake with double lemon flavour.
- Nanou's chocolate cake: Melting chocolate cake.
- New tiramisu: Creamier version of a classic.
- Oaty walnut cake : A loaf-style cake with rolled oats and dry-roasted walnuts.
- Paris-Brest: Ring of choux pastry with almonds and praline cream.
- Pavlova: Meringue shell filled with whipped cream and diced fruit.
- Pear charlotte: Charlotte with pear mousse and a hint of lemon.
- Pecan fruit rolls : Caramelized puff pastry rolls filled with raisins, dried apricots and pecan nuts.
- Pistachio custard tart: Sweetcrust pastry filled with pistachio custard.
- Pistachio tiramisu: Tiramisu with a pistachio cream and a coffee-whisky syrup.
- Plain cake: Classic plain cake recipe.
- Prune Far: Traditional recipe from Brittany.
- Puits d'amour: Combintion of puff and choux pastry, light caramel and confectioner's custard.
- Quick Strawberry Millefeuille: Sheets of caramelized brik or filo, chantilly cream and strawberries.
- Saint Honoré cake: Circle of puff pasty, filled caramelized choux puffs and whipped cream.
- Santiago Cake: Almond and lemon cake without butter or flour.
- Sicilian Epiphany Pie: Galette filled with pistachio, ricotta and candied fruit.
- St Tropez tart: Brioche layers filled with vanilla cream.
- Strawberry and rhubarb crumble: 3 layers rhubard, strawberries and crumble dough.
- Strawberry Charlotte: A shell of soaked bisuits filled with layers of strawberries and whipped cream.
- Succès praliné (praline meringue): Almond meringue with praline butter cream.
- Tiramisu: Delicious italian dessert.
- Toasted almond cake: Almonds and chocolate.
- Valay-Brest: Mini eclair with apple-flavoured filling and walnut nougatine.
- "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits: 2 layers of biscuits around a chocolate ganache filling.
- Almond tuiles: Thin and crisp.
- Amaretti: Small dry Italian meringues with almonds.
- Amiens macaroons: Small soft almonds cookies
- Arizona cupcakes: Cupcake and marzipan cactus
- Arlesian Biscuits
- Blackcurrant-almond muffins: Muffins with almonds powder and blackcurrants
- Buckwheat almond biscuits: Biscuits with buckwheat and almonds.
- Cannelés: Small rum and vanilla-flavoured cakes from Bordeaux.
- Checkerboard biscuits: Alternate layers of chocolate and almond.
- Chocolate almond cookies: Cookies with almonds, chocolate and cocoa.
- Chocolate and matcha tea biscuits: Spiral biscuits with chocolate and matcha green tea.
- Chocolate eclairs: Choux pastry, chocolate custard and icing.
- Chocolate madeleines: Delicous with tea or coffee.
- Chocolate muffins: Filled with a chocolate ganache.
- Chocolate thins with toasted nuts: Chocolate, toasted nuts candied grapefuit peel.
- Chouquettes: Little choux puffs with sugar crystals.
- Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines): Crispy biscuits rolled into little tubes.
- Coconut rocks: Small coconut cakes, golden, crusty, and soft inside.
- Coconut tuiles: Very thin tuiles with coconut.
- Corsican tarts: Little tarts made with chestnut flour and clementine jelly.
- Dublin fruit scones: Irish small bread to enjoy with tea.
- Fillings for macaroons: What to put in your macaroons.
- Financiers: Small moist almond cakes.
- Finger biscuits: For Champagne or Charlote and Tiramisu.
- Grandma Solange's biscuits: Small biscuits decorated with whole almonds.
- Individual charlottes with morello cherries: Morello cherries, vanilla and Monbozon biscuits.
- Jam doughnuts: Doughnuts filled with jam.
- Little Christmas biscuits: Chocolate biscuits with marzipan.
- Little lemon biscuits: Italian biscuits with lemon zest.
- Little lime tarts: Sweet crust pastry and lime (or lemon curd).
- Macarons (the original French macaroons) : Trendy little cakes.
- Meringues: Beaten egg whites, sweeted and slowly cooked
- Mini palmiers: Small pastries made with puff pastry and caramelized.
- Mirlitons: Small puff-pastry tarts with almond cream filling.
- Moist cereal bars: Cereals, maple syrup and dried fruit.
- Nonettes: Small orange-flavoured cakes.
- Oat financiers for Louise: Small moist cakes with rolled oats.
- Oat shortbread biscuits: Soft small butter-cakes with oats
- Pets de nonne: Sweet choux-pastry fritters.
- Pink Reims biscuits: Light biscuits, similar to finger biscuits.
- Pistachio 'Financiers': Small moist cakes with plenty of pistachio flavour.
- Pistachio madeleines: Tender pistachio madeleines.
- Pistachio shortbread biscuits: Melt-in-the-mouth biscuits with a real pistachio flavour.
- Raspberry muffins: Delicious when still warm.
- Tea and white chocolate biscuits: Biscuits flavoured with 2 forms of tea and dipped in white chocolate.
- Walnut short bread: Soft walnut biscuits with roasted walnuts.
Viennoiseries (sweet breads, buns)
Ice-cream and sorbets
Creams and foams
- Apricot blancmange: A medieval dessert .
- Apricot fool: Whipped cream (Chantilly) and fresh fruit coulis.
- Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine : 3 layers: lime, blackcurrant and vanilla.
- Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée: Crème brulée in 3 layers: chocolate ganache, vanilla custard and caramelized crust.
- Chocolate cream: Simple, onctuous and so chocolate.
- Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse: Chocolate, carmelized nuts, candied grapefruit peel and Irish coffee mousse.
- Chocolate mousse: Very chocolatey.
- Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa : Vanilla cream, then coconut and a crunchy coconut tuile.
- Crème brulée: Smooth cool vanilla cream and hot caramel crust.
- Crème caramel: Upside-down caramel cream.
- Lemon Meringue Pie Verrines: Lemon custard, broken sweet biscuits and Italian meringue.
- Like Bounty: Coconut fondant coated in chocolate sauce.
- Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines: Pana-cotta, clementine jelly and chestnut mousse
- Pannacotta and blackcurrant crumble: A layer of pannacotta , blackcurrant purée and crunchy crumble topping.
- Stewed apple (compote): Apples, a little sugar, and that's all.
- Strawberries with mint and cream: Minty confectioner's custard, strawberries and whipped cream.
- Tatin apples with mascarpone cream: Caramalized appled and smooth mascarpone cream.
Syrups and coulis
- Pain perdu: Bread soaked in cream, sugar and egg yolks, then fried in butter.
Traditional recipes of French cooking
- Crêpes Suzette: Caramelized pancakes filled with orange butter, served with orange syrup.
- Rum babas: Cakes soaked in rum syrup and filled with cream.
Back to top of page