Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Scrub and rinse 8 potatoes; choose medium to large ones.
Bake in the oven.
- 10 min.Peel 200 g cooked prawns and cut into small pieces.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Melt 30 g butter in a saucepan on medium heat, then add the chopped onion, salt and pepper. Cook for a minute or two while stirring.
- 20 min.Pour in 500 ml dry white wine, stir well and leave to reduce by 3/4 on low heat.
- 3 min.Pass the reduced wine and onion through a fine strainer and only keep the liquid. Return this to the pan.
- 5 min.Pour the cream into the reduced wine and bring to the boil on high heat.
Turn down the heat and leave to thicken to the consistency that suits you.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.The potatoes are cooked when they yield to the touch or when a knife blade passes through easily.
Cut a "lid" off the top of each potato (less than halfway down).
If necessary, slice a little off the bottom so that the potato stands firmly.
Do not turn the oven off.
- 5 min.Fill each potato shell with the prawn pieces and arrange on a baking sheet.
- 5 min.Pour in the cream sauce and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
You can put them under the grill to brown the tops.
- Serve piping hot.
Remarks:It is not essential to strain the wine and onion mixture. Leaving the bits of onion will give a more rustic character to the sauce; it's a matter of texture.
And to drink?The same wine as you used for the sauce. In keeping with origins of the dish, a Belgian white wine, such as an AOC Côtes de Sambre et Meuse.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushrooms on toast, French style, Spaghetti with mushrooms, Tomato meat balls, Tartiflette, How to prepare cockles, ... [All]
- Cooked prawns: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Surprise eggs, Avocado with Sautéed Prawns , Scandinavian cocktail, Quiche Bretonne, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pasta with green asparagus, Individual creamy endive gratins, Quartet of brassicas with cream , Purée of Jerusalem artichokes with foie gras, Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Financiers, Baked potoatoes with herb butter or cream , Red rice pannequets, Crème de foie gras, Du Barry soup, ... [All]