Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 4 min.Clean and trim the fish. I recommend using thick cuts of white fish for this; loin of cod is ideal.
Pepper and salt on both sides.
- 2 min.Sprinkle both sides with flour.
- 10 min.
- As always when cooking fish, remember the thermometer is your friend: the fish will be cooked when the centre of the thickest part reaches 140°F (60°C).
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Now make the sauce: using the same frying pan, without cleaning it, add the chopped shallot.
If the pan is too dry, add another tablespoonful of olive oil.
Salt and pepper, then cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 1 min.
- 10 min.Leave to reduce by 2/3...
- 1 min....then pour in 200 ml liquid cream...
- 10 min....and ½ teaspoon saffron.
Mix everything together and leave on low heat to thicken.
Remarks:Do adapt the quantity of saffron to suit your own taste.
And to drink?A really dry and fruity white wine, like a Reuilly, or simply the one you have used for the sauce.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cocotte eggs with Comté, Lemon creams, Like Bounty, Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Pistachio panna cotta with custard, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Naan, Arizona cupcakes, Oat financiers for Louise, Gratin of chicken with rice and sautéed mushrooms, Steak burger topped with egg, ... [All]
- Fish fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Red sea bream fillets in a soy-sauce marinade, Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, Rolls of fish in smoked ham, Fish Mousselines, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Italian style gratin, Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, Summer Salmon Blanquette, Paella, ... [All]