Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 4 min.Clean and trim the fish. I recommend using thick cuts of white fish for this; loin of cod is ideal.
Pepper and salt on both sides.
- 2 min.Sprinkle both sides with flour.
- 10 min.
- As always when cooking fish, remember the thermometer is your friend: the fish will be cooked when the centre of the thickest part reaches 140°F (60°C).
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Now make the sauce: using the same frying pan, without cleaning it, add the chopped shallot.
If the pan is too dry, add another tablespoonful of olive oil.
Salt and pepper, then cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 1 min.
- 10 min.Leave to reduce by 2/3...
- 1 min....then pour in 200 ml liquid cream...
- 10 min....and ½ teaspoon saffron.
Mix everything together and leave on low heat to thicken.
Remarks:Do adapt the quantity of saffron to suit your own taste.
And to drink?A really dry and fruity white wine, like a Reuilly, or simply the one you have used for the sauce.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, Rustic chicken and mushroom pie, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Black Forest gateau, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scrambled eggs (Oeufs brouillés), Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Burger buns, Chestnut Fudge Cupcakes, Two-stage beef chuck , ... [All]
- Fish fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tahitian style fish, Mexican ceviche, Fish in a seed crust, Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., ... [All]