Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.Prepare and chop 1 leek.
Prepare and chop 1 shallot.
- 5 min.Cut 250 g salmon fillet into 2 cm (1 inch) cubes, or thereabouts, keeping only the flesh and removing any skin and bones.
- 2 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a non-stick pan on medium heat. When this is hot, add the chopped shallot, salt and pepper and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 7 min.Then add the chopped leek and mix well. Cook uncovered until the leek is just tender but still nice and green.
Remove from the heat and keep hot.
- 4 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan and once this is nice and hot add the cubes of salmon. Cook for a bare 2 to 3 minutes, so that the cubes are browned on the sides. Do not cook any longer or you will end up with salmon purée.
Remove the salmon from the pan onto a plate and set aside.
- 3 min.Put the pan back on medium heat and add 100 g feta cut into small pieces. Stir until it is melted.
- 5 min.Add 150 g plain yoghurt and 1 teaspoon tomato paste, and bring to the boil while stirring.
Heat the serving plates.
- 5 min.Return the salmon cubes to the pan and stir gently. Add the juice of ½ lemon if you like and remove from the heat.
- 5 min.Arrange on the plates: lay a bed of leek and pour the salmon and sauce on top.
Serve without delay.
Use a Greek-style yogurt if possible, as it is smooth and a little sharp.
If you don't have any yoghurt, you can replace it with cream, but this adds a lot more calories.
And to drink?A Cretan dry white wine, like the Vilana variety typical of this lovely island.