Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Cut 300 g fish fillet into pieces about the size of your thumb.
Salt and pepper both sides.
- 2 min.In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs with 1 teaspoon flour.
- 2 min.In another bowl, beat 1 egg with a fork, until yolk and white are totally mixed.
- 5 min.Dip fish pieces in beaten egg, remove with a fork to drain them...
- 5 min....and roll in breadcrumbs.
Advice: use one fork for the egg bowl, and another for the breadcrumbs bowl, otherwise you will get your fork covered with a sticky mess of egg and crumbs.
- 2 min.Put in the deep fryer, keeping the pieces apart.
- 3 min.Fry for 2 or 3 minutes...
- 20 min....until they are nicely golden.
Drain on absorbant paper, and salt immediately.
Continue like this for all the fish pieces.
Remarks:The variety of fish does not really matter, whatever you prefere, but it should be fairly thick.
You can dip the fish twice in egg and breadcrumbs if you like a thicker, crunchier crust.
Another possibility: deep a second time in egg and then in seeds like sesame, linseed, poppyseed, etc.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fish fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, Nicholas's fish, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., Fish fillet with preserved lemons, Fish in a seed crust, ... [All]
- Breadcrumbs: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Fish in a seed crust, Tomatoes Provençal, Sesame fried scampi, Wiener Schnitzel, Curried tuna cubes, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kugelhof for Nanou, Grandma Solange's biscuits, X-Files cookies, Brownie, Langoustine sabayon tart, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Croque-monsieur complet, Cornmeal baps for Anne, Tomato tatin, Dipping bread with cheese, "Oeufs rabattus" with leeks, ... [All]