Step by step recipe:
- 12 min.
- 12 min.
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
- 28 min.Tip in the carrots and cook until just tender but still with a bit of "bite" (not overcooked).
- 5 min.Remove them from the stock, cool under running water to stop them cooking any further and drain.
- 5 min.Cook the cabbage then the potatoes in the same way.
- 20 min.Discard half the stock and reduce the rest by 3/4 over medium heat.
- 30 min.
- 3 min.Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large saucepan (preferably non-stick) on high heat.
When good and hot, add the chunks of fish and fry quickly to brown them all over.
- 2 min.Tip the cockles into the same pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 5 min.Pour the reduced stock into the pan (there should only be 5 or 6 tablespoonsful left) and use this to deglaze the bottom.
- 10 min.
- 1 min.Add all the vegetables to the pan...
- 1 min....then the cockles and fish.
- 3 min.Stir gently and leave to heat through for a couple of minutes. Check the seasoning again before serving.
Remarks:If you do not have your own vegetable stock, use poultry stock or a stock cube and water. You can even just use salted water (in this case, do not reduce and replace the stock with a little white wine at step 11).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Vegetable stock: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Late Winter Soup with Fresh Spinach, Stuffed cabbage leaves, Sausages with baked beans, French style, Light Broccoli Soup, Sautéed Green Vegetables, ... [All]
- Cockles: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crusty cockle tart, Tagliatelle with cockles, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, How to prepare cockles, ... [All]
- Fish fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tahitian style fish, Crunchy little pieces of fish, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., Fish in a seed crust, Red sea bream fillets in a soy-sauce marinade, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom Pancakes au Gratin, New tiramisu, Courgettes (zuchinis) , Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, Mushroom velouté, ... [All]