Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Ask your fishmonger to fillet the red mullets for you.
Wash and dry the fish.
- 4 min.Use tweezers to remove any remaining bones down the centre of the fillets.
- 2 min.Prepare the marinade by mixing 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and papper, 4 tablespoons olive oil and the chopped pasley.
- 1 hourPut the red mullet fillets into the marinade, mix well and cover with plastic film. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- After marinading, you will see that the fish has turned slightly opaque. This is the effect of the lemon juice.
- 3 min.Put a frying pan on high heat, then add the fish fillets with the skin downwards. Cook for about 3 minutes until the skin is nicely browned.
- 1 min.Turn the fish over and cook for a further minute on the other side.
- 5 min.You can also make a very easy sauce by pouring the remaining marinade into the frying pan and leaving it to reduce slightly.
- 3 min.Serve 2 fillets per person with white rice, for example.
Remarks:Be careful not to cook the fish too long with the skin downwards. It needs to be fried, but make sure it is not burnt, as this tends to happen rather quickly.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fillet of red mullet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Red mullet fillets with a reduced white-wine sauce, Canapés of red mullet with poppy seeds, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cretan Bread, Italian style gratin, Fougasse with bacon and Comté, Home-made doner kebab, Red rice pannequets, ... [All]
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato pesto, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, Penne with Mushrooms, Salmon chard rolls, ... [All]
- Parsley: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kérinou slices, Warm autumn salad, Red mullet fillets with a reduced white-wine sauce, Tomato and cream cheese terrine, Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, ... [All]