Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Ask your fishmonger to fillet the red mullets for you.
Wash and dry the fish.
- 4 min.Use tweezers to remove any remaining bones down the centre of the fillets.
- 2 min.Prepare the marinade by mixing 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and papper, 4 tablespoons olive oil and the chopped pasley.
- 1 hourPut the red mullet fillets into the marinade, mix well and cover with plastic film. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- After marinading, you will see that the fish has turned slightly opaque. This is the effect of the lemon juice.
- 3 min.Put a frying pan on high heat, then add the fish fillets with the skin downwards. Cook for about 3 minutes until the skin is nicely browned.
- 1 min.Turn the fish over and cook for a further minute on the other side.
- 5 min.You can also make a very easy sauce by pouring the remaining marinade into the frying pan and leaving it to reduce slightly.
- 3 min.Serve 2 fillets per person with white rice, for example.
Remarks:Be careful not to cook the fish too long with the skin downwards. It needs to be fried, but make sure it is not burnt, as this tends to happen rather quickly.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fillet of red mullet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Canapés of red mullet with poppy seeds, Red mullet fillets with a reduced white-wine sauce, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pork medallions with "full" turnips, Leek and tuna loaf, Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, Blanquette of veal, Chicken pie, ... [All]
- Lemon juice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Greek salad, Cretan salad, Cooking sugar, Chocolate mousse, Corn salad with croutons, ... [All]
- Parsley: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato meat balls, Mimosa eggs, Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, Mussels marinière, Poivrade Artichoke Salad, ... [All]