Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Use 4 fillets fish of a good white variety (preferably whiting, ling, etc.).
Check your fillets for any remaining bones or pieces of skin .
- 1 min.Spread a slice of ham out in front of you, lay a fish fillet across one end.
- 1 min.Trim surplus fish to the width of the ham.
- 1 min.Roll ham to completely cover fish.
- 1 min.Stop as soon as fish is completely wrapped, then trim off surplus ham.
- 20 min.Put finished roll on a plate, and continue with all the other fillets and ham.
If there's a little ham or fish left over, cut into medium-sized pieces and cook to serve with the beans.
- 5 min.Boil a large panful of salted water, add 1 chicken stock cube then 400 g green beans and cook until they are just done but still a bit crunchy.
Remove from pan and cool quickly under cold water.
Drain carefully and set aside.
Heat serving plates
- 2 min.In a large pan pour 3 tablespoons olive oil, and when hot add the rolls.
- 10 min.Cook until they are well roasted on each face (turn over at halftime using tongs).
- 2 min.When all the rolls are cooked, remove and place on a hot plate covered with absorbant paper.
- 4 min.Without cleaning out the pan, melt 1 knob butter and add French beans (first adding any remaining pieces of fish or ham).
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes maximum.
- 5 min.Serve 2 or 3 rolls per person with some French beans in a hot plate.
If you do not have, or do not like French beans you can replace them with peas (fresh or frozen), broad beans, or other vegetables of your choice.