Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Use 4 fillets fish of a good white variety (preferably whiting, ling, etc.).
Check your fillets for any remaining bones or pieces of skin .
- 1 min.Spread a slice of ham out in front of you, lay a fish fillet across one end.
- 1 min.Trim surplus fish to the width of the ham.
- 1 min.Roll ham to completely cover fish.
- 1 min.Stop as soon as fish is completely wrapped, then trim off surplus ham.
- 20 min.Put finished roll on a plate, and continue with all the other fillets and ham.
If there's a little ham or fish left over, cut into medium-sized pieces and cook to serve with the beans.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.In a large pan pour 3 tablespoons olive oil, and when hot add the rolls.
- 10 min.Cook until they are well roasted on each face (turn over at halftime using tongs).
- 2 min.When all the rolls are cooked, remove and place on a hot plate covered with absorbant paper.
- 4 min.Without cleaning out the pan, melt 1 knob butter and add French beans (first adding any remaining pieces of fish or ham).
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes maximum.
- 5 min.Serve 2 or 3 rolls per person with some French beans in a hot plate.
Remarks:If you do not have, or do not like French beans you can replace them with peas (fresh or frozen), broad beans, or other vegetables of your choice.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green beans: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Green beans with tomatoes, French bean salad with vinaigrette , Mexican-style pork medallions , Minestrone, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, ... [All]
- Fish fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, Pollack fillet baked with rice and vegetables., Fish in white wine, Fish fillet with preserved lemons, ... [All]
- Smoked ham: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Quail egg canapés, Tagliatelle and courgette spaghetti, carbonara style, Sautéd broccoli with ham, Red rice pannequets, Eggs Benedict , ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Aperitif rolls, Tapenade, Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, Baked leek and Camembert slices, Vegetable clafoutis, ... [All]