Step by step recipe:
- Cover the salmon completely with the remaining salt and leave like this for 24 hours in the fridge.
- After this time, remove the fish from the salt and rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Leave the salmon to soak in cold water for 24 hours, changing the water after 12 hours.
- Put 5 g peppercorns in the bottom of a terrine, then add half the onions, carrots, thyme and bayleaves.
- Place the drained and dried salmon fillet on the top.
- Add the rest of the carrots, onion, thyme and bayleaves, then cover with the groundnut oil.
Leave to marinate for at least 48 hours.
- On the day when you want to eat it, drain the salmon, wipe with absorbant paper and slice thinly.
- Slice 4 cooked potatoes and arrange on a plate.
Tip: if the potatoes are cold, put the plate in the microwave for a few seconds to heat them throgh.
- Spread the carrots and onions over the potatoes. Don't drain them too thoroughly, but let some of the oil marinade trickle over the potatoes.
- Arrange the sliced salmon on the top.
Serve without delay before the potatoes go cold.