Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel 250 g green asparagus, and cook in salted boiling water until they are just cooked (still a bit crunchy).
- 2 min.When done, remove from cooking water and put ito very cold water.
- 2 min.Then drain and dry them.
- 5 min.Cut asparagus tips and set aside.
Heat serving plates.
- 5 min.Prepare 16 scallops by cleaning and drying them.
- 4 min.Put 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan.
Put on high heat until lightly smoking, this is important for sealing the scallops.
Place scallops in the pan, and fry 1 or 2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- 2 min.Reduce a the heat a little, season, and add asparagus tips.
- 3 min.Grate on or add 3 tablespoons Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan), and melt by stirring for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 5 min.Divide between hot serving plates, and serve as soon as possible.
Remarks:Any left over asparagus can be used to make soup. For this, cut into small pieces and proceed as for pumpkin soup.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green asparagus: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pasta with green asparagus, Green asparagus omelette, Minestrone, ... [All]
- Scallops: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, Scallops with fondue of leeks, Scallop and leek pancakes, Scallops with cabbage julienne, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Maroilles cheese quiche, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Nanou's tuna tart, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Gratin of purple artichokes, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Special Parmesan baguettes, Spring Bread, ... [All]