Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel 250 g green asparagus, and cook in salted boiling water until they are just cooked (still a bit crunchy).
- 2 min.When done, remove from cooking water and put ito very cold water.
- 2 min.Then drain and dry them.
- 5 min.Cut asparagus tips and set aside.
Heat serving plates.
- 5 min.Prepare 16 scallops by cleaning and drying them.
- 4 min.Put 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan.
Put on high heat until lightly smoking, this is important for sealing the scallops.
Place scallops in the pan, and fry 1 or 2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- 2 min.Reduce a the heat a little, season, and add asparagus tips.
- 3 min.Grate on or add 3 tablespoons Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan), and melt by stirring for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 5 min.Divide between hot serving plates, and serve as soon as possible.
Remarks:Any left over asparagus can be used to make soup. For this, cut into small pieces and proceed as for pumpkin soup.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Green asparagus: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Minestrone, Green asparagus omelette, Pasta with green asparagus, ... [All]
- Scallops: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Scallops with cabbage julienne, Scallop and leek pancakes, Scallops with crunchy vegetables and wine sabayon, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Genoese croque-monsieur, Broad bean salad with Parmesan, Meatballs, Tagliatelle and courgette spaghetti, carbonara style, Creamy risotto with vegetables , ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Purple artichokes braised in white wine, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Tomato meat balls, Polenta with spinach and soft-poached egg, Sliced cauliflower with 3 cheeses, ... [All]