Step by step recipe:
- 1 hour 4 min.
- 20 min.Pour the mussel cooking juices into a small pan (leave the very bottom, as this always contains some sand). Reduce by 3/4 over high heat.
Pour in 250 ml liquid cream, pepper generously, but don't add salt at this point, as the cooking juices are generally quite salty. Leave to thicken on low heat.
- 8 min.Cook the spaghetti, drain and return to the pan over low heat.
- 5 min.Add the shelled mussels, pour in the sauce, add the grated Parmesan and mix well.
- 3 min.Finish by scattering with basil leaves (cut small using scissors).
- Serve immediately.
Remarks:Be careful when seasoning, as the mussel cooking liquid is generally fairly salty already, so you shouldn't need to add more salt. But add plenty of pepper, and do taste frequently.
And to drink?
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Spaghetti: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Spaghetti Carbonara, Spaghetti with smoked salmon, ... [All]
- Mussels: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Quiche Bretonne, Fillets of sole Dieppoise, Paella, Mussels marinière, ... [All]
- Dry white wine: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cod loin with saffron, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Cured Pork Belly With Lentils, Spaghetti with mushrooms, Jura bread, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Turnip and sesame puree (tahina) soup, Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Crème de foie gras, Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Cod loin with saffron, ... [All]