Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.The day before, cut 600 g fish fillet into small pieces. Ideally use 3 different kinds of fish: salmon, cod, whiting, tuna, etc.
- You should make the pieces quite small about 1 or 2 cm) and fairly thin.
- 5 min.
- 12 min.Put all the fish in the salted lime juice, mix well.
Cover with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, you will see that the fish has been cured by the lime juice, as it will have become opaque (effectively "cooked").
- 5 min.Drain the fish in a strainer. You can discard the lime juice now.
- 10 min.Wash, peel and cut 1 carrot in small pieces.
- 3 min.Cut 1 bunch chives very fine.
- 10 min.Cut 1 shallot into very small pieces.
- 3 min.Add carrot, chives and shallot to the fish, mix well.
- 1 min.
- 5 min.Serve like this, as a salad, or on toast. If you're having a barbecue, serve as a starter, and make toast directly on the barbecue with slices of lightly buttered bread. Yummmm...
Remarks:If you don't have limes, you can use lemons, but it will not be as good.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fish fillet: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Fish in white wine, Rosemary steamed fish, Firied fillet of sea bream with polenta, Mexican ceviche, Sea bass with coriander cream en papillote, ... [All]
- Lime: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato and cream cheese terrine, Mexican ceviche, "Land and sea" kebabs, Seared tuna with lemon and lime, Chinese style chicken, ... [All]
- Shallot: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Thaï rice with small vegetables, Sliced cauliflower with 3 cheeses, Spinach and Comté Loaf, Tomato sauce for pizzas, Rice and peas, ... [All]
- Chives: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Herb salad, Cocotte eggs with Comté, Eggs meurette, Oriane's tuna rillettes , ... [All]