Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Crack the stone open with a hammer. You will see the kernel inside.
Note: It is a bit tricky to break the shell without crushing the kernel, so you need to judge the force of the hammer blow carefully.
- Other way: use a vise in which you could gently break the stone, without damaging the kernel (Thanks to Jean-Paul for the tips).
- Shell all the kernels like this.
- 1 min.Boil a small pan of water and plunge the kernels into it for 1 minute.
- 2 min.After this time, drain the kernels in a sieve.
- 5 min.Then remove the skins, which should now slip off easily.
Your apricot kernels are ready for use...
- ...in a compote for example.