Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Place leek in front of you.
- 1 min.Cut off roots.
- 1 min.Trim off ends of leaves, leaving about 4 cm or 2 inches of green.
- 3 min.Remove outer leaves, usually dry or wilted, by pulling downwards.
- 2 min.Split the top in two lengthways, starting at 7-8 cm or 3 inches from bottom (white).
- 2 min.Turn and cut again, so that the top part is split into four.
- The top of the leek will now be like a tassle, making cleaning easier.
- 15 min.As with all muddy vegetables, leeks should be soaked for 15 minutes in warm water, so that all the particles of earth are loosened and leeks can be cleaned easily.
- 5 min.Once chopped, leek is now ready for use in your recipe.
- You can also watch how to do it in this short video.