Step by step recipe:
- 1 min.Tip 400 g rice into a strainer.
- 1 min.Wash rice by under tap for about 30 seconds.
- 1 min.Tip washed rice into rice-cooker.
- 1 min.Add 750 ml water and salt.
- Switch on rice-cooker (the red "cooking" light should be on), and cover.
- 15 min.After 15 minutes you should hear a "click" and the "keep warn" light will come on.
- Your rice is cooked.
- 1 min.Stir with a plastic spoon to prevent rice from sticking, and add a knob of butter if you wish.
- If you don't want to serve rice straight away, leave covered but with rice-cooker switched off to prevent rice from drying out.
Remarks:Rice-cooker are usually sold with a measuring jug. If you use it always remember the correct proportion is 1.5 parts water to 1 part rice.
For tastier rice you can use chicken stock instead of water, or add a little chicken or meat cooking juice, or add a chicken stock cube to the water.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon chard rolls, How to seal a terrine or casserole dish, Italian Meringue, Steak burger topped with egg, Tomato foccacia, ... [All]
- Rice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Pea risotto "mantecare", Chicken with rice and leeks, Paella, ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable stock, Béarnaise sauce, Carbonnade, Scrambled eggs with butter-fried bread and fresh spinach, Warm scallop and cabbage salad, ... [All]