Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Start with top: cut about 1 cm or ½ inch beneath the leaves.
- 1 min.Then the bottom, remove 1 cm or ½ inch here too.
- 4 min.Stand the pineapple up, and cut vertically in strips to remove all the skin.
- 3 min.Go over the outside again to cut off any remaining "eyes". Pineapple should now be completely yellow.
- 1 min.Cut pineapple into quarters vertically.
- 3 min.Lay each piece flat, cut out the hard fibrous core. Also remove any brown over-ripe parts.
- 3 min.Then cut quarters as required for your recipe, here in medium size pieces.
- 2 min.Finally, squeeze all the pieces of skin or trimmings of flesh in your hands to extract the juice that you can drink or use in a recipe or a cocktail.
Remarks:This method applies to a Victoria Pineapple (small, but incredably tasty, especially if they come from Reunion), but of course it's the same for other kinds of pineapple.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pineapple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caribbean upside-down cake, Exotic fruit tart, Pavlova, Chaud-froid of grapefruit, pineapple and lime custard , ... [All]