Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.See how in this short video.
Your pastry can then be coated with this beaten egg-yolk, using a brush.
- Professionals use them instead what they call "dorure" (gilding), ie full eggs, beaten in a blender. In all bakeries, there is (in the fridge, otherwise it is a bad baker) a pot of dorure that expect to serve croissants, brioche, or other.
You can prepare it for advance and freeze, to do that, mix 2 or 3 eggs, and when they are well blended, pour into ice cube trays.
- Divide staggered to facilitate cooling, and freeze for several hours.
- When the egg is frozen, turn out...
- ...bag, and put in the freezer.
Collect cubes as needed.
Recipes which use it: 57Of which:
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cream, Key Lime Pie for Jeremy, Apple confectioner's custard, Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), Paris-Brest, ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Salmon and spinach quiche, Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée), Little lemon biscuits, Quick stuffed courgettes, Hamburgers, ... [All]
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Stewed apricots, Blackcurrant liqueur, How to cook rice in rice-cooker, Aperitif rolls, How to prepare endives , ... [All]