Step by step recipe:
- Corn salad comes in small "tufts" and these are often full of sand or earth.
- 10 min.Plunge the corn salad into a sink full of water that is barely lukewarm with a little vinegar added.
Swish the leaves round thoroughly and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- 5 min.After this time, take the leaves out using a
- ...or simply use your hands.
- You will see that this rinsing has washed out a lot of sand or earth.
If the corn salad is still not completely clean (you can still find sand on it), change the water and rinse a second time.
- 5 min.Trim off any roots that are still attached.
- Finish by drying the corn salad in a salad spinner. It is then ready for use.
Recipes which use it: 2
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Corn salad: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Corn salad with croutons, Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, ... [All]
- White (spirit) vinegar: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: How to prepare broccoli, Fish petals, vegetables julienne, and beurre blanc, Béarnaise sauce, Pickled gherkins, Caesar salad, ... [All]