Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Begin by removing any leaves from the romanesco then separate the small florets, as shown in this video.
- 5 min.Wash the florets by soaking them in a large quantity of cold water with 1 tablespoon white (spirit) vinegar.
- 3 min.Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then plunge the romanesco florets into the pan and cook for just 2 or 3 minutes. They should still be slightly crunchy.
- 5 min.Remove the florets from the pan with a spider and plunge them into very cold water to stop the cooking.
- 5 min.Drain the florets then dry them more thoroughly in a salad spinner.
- Your romanesco is now ready for use in a recipe.
Recipes which use it: 4
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Romanesco: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Quartet of brassicas with cream , Sautéed Green Vegetables, Pork chops with a duo of brassicas, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, ... [All]
- White (spirit) vinegar: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Béarnaise sauce, How to prepare a lettuce, Poached eggs, Mackerel Fillets in White Wine, How to prepare corn salad, ... [All]