Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Peel 300 g potatoes, cut into four, wash and dry.
- 30 min.Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large pan over a low heat, add potatoes, lightly salt and stir well.
Cover and leave to cook, without stiring, on a low heat for at least 30 minutes.
- 10 min.After 30 minutes, uncover and stir potatoes to finish cooking all over (look at this recipe for more information.
- 5 min.While potatoes are cooking, peel and finely chop 1 shallot.
- 3 min.Cut 2 chicken breasts in two lengthways.
- 1 min.In a frying pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons goose fat, add chopped shallot, salt, pepper and cook one minute.
Add one teaspoon of chopped tarragon.
- Reduce heat, add chicken breasts, and cook on each side...
- 10 min....until they are golden brown.
- Put them on a hot plate...
- 5 min....and cover with aluminium foil, to keep them hot and tender.
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Heat serving plates. In each plate put 2 chicken breasts, coat with sauce, add a sprig of tarragon and surround with sauté potatoes.
Remarks:If you don't have tarragon, replace it with another herb: parsley, chervil, etc.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Potatoes: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Endives "bonne femme", Valay salad, Potato wallets, Smooth mixed vegetable soup, Chilli langoustines, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Four-tier glasses, Paella, Confit of carrots with bacon, Leek and tuna loaf, Escalope of veal in a cream sauce, ... [All]
- Goose fat: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hotpot my grandmother's way , Foie gras cured in salt, Avengers' potatoes, Chicken pie, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, ... [All]
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coq au vin, Lille style chicken, Chicken club sandwich, Chinese Soup, Chicken nems, ... [All]