Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Salt and pepper, add 1 tablespoon flour and mix again.
- 20 min.With this mix, form flat rounds of 10 cm or 4 inches diameter and ˝ cm or Ľ inch thick.
The best way is to use circles of greaseproof paper of the same diameter to put under the meat.
- 4 min.Cook meat rounds on barbecue or in a frying-pan with a lttle oil.
Meanwhile split the buns and toast lightly on the inside, using a toaster or the barbecue.
- Assemble hamburgers: onto each half bun put (for example) mustard, slice of tomato, salad, meat, cheese, gherkins, bacon, onion rings, etc.
Then put the two halves together, and enjoy!
- 2 min.Make hamburgers: on each half buns put (for example) mustard, tomato slice, pickled gherkins, salad, meat, onion slices, etc.
Then put together the two parts, and enjoy it.
Remarks:You can make a shallot sauce: after cooking some of the burgers in the frying pan, add a finely chopped shallot, and cook it in the remaining fat 2 minutes. Then add a half glass of dry white wine, and boil while scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula. Add 10 cl cream, allow to thick over a low heat. Use as a dressing on the meat in your burger.
You can also try this version of Janet Clark from Toronto who replaces the onion with a sachet of onion soup, and adds 2 or 3 tablespoons of oat flakes to the meat. Delicious.
One difference between us and our Canadian friends: their burgers are much thicker, about 1 cm or more.
Did you know it: Hamburger is not an american recipe originally, but a german one, from the people of Hambourg, the Hamburgers. They brought it to the USA.