Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Prepare 250 g button or field mushrooms: cut off and discard stalks, then peel caps.
- 5 min.Slice.
- 2 min.Put in a bowl and sprinkle with juice of ½ lemon.
- 1 min.Put a frying-pan over high heat, pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 min.As soon as oil is smoking lightly, add mushrooms without salt, and cook for 2 minutes while stirring, or if you know how to, "faites sauter".
- 5 min.After 2 minutes, remove from heat, salt, pepper, and pour into a strainer.
Leave to drain.
- 3 min.Meanwhile, cut 4 chicken breasts into pieces.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.As soon as it sizzles, add chicken pieces.
- 15 min.Cook on all sides, stirring occasionally.
Heat serving plates.
- 1 min.When chicken pieces are golden brown, add 200 ml cream.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.When sauce is thick enough (to your taste), add mushrooms, mix well. Cook a further one or two minutes and check seasoning.
- Pour onto hot serving plates, and serve immediately.
Remarks:For complete success, chicken should be cooked in an old style (not non-stick) pan. Othewise after cooking the chicken, you will not get the tasty juices left on the bottom. The ideal pan is a stainless steel one.
And to drink?
|I suggest you follow Patrick's advice, and try a Beaujolais:|
"Chénas is one of the Beaujolais wines, and Domaine des Tourniers is one of the best. Old vines 70 to 100 years old, on a hillside, give the wine deep colour, a floral and fruity nose, with notes of blackcurrant and blackberry flavours. In the mouth, the wine has an expressive fruity taste, and finesse without too much tannin. This wine is the ideal accompaniment to Lille style chicken and other white meat recipes. Sells for 9 â‚¬ at La Cave de Bacchus in Brest" PS: I followed his advice while preparing this recipe for the site, and it goes very well with it!
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Button or field mushrooms: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sausage mushroom and cheese crumble, Blanquette of veal, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, African style chicken, Artichoke hearts forestier , ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leek and fresh tuna tart, Quiche Lorraine, New tiramisu, New York style pasta, Sliced cauliflower with 3 cheeses, ... [All]
- Chicken breast: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken nems, Chicken club sandwich, Chicken pie, Chorba, Thai-style Chicken with Cashew Nuts, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scandinavian cocktail, Alsatian-style salad, Creamy Winter Vegetable Soup, Savoury mini-madeleines with 2 cheeses, Stuffed artichokes au gratin, ... [All]